Baking, part of one of my many self care routines and something I enjoy doing in general is a great passtime and hobby to pick up! I spend a lot of time browsing and finding ideas and recipes to try and this is a lovely simple one I found that uses one of my most favourite things…peanutbutter!
Prep time : 15 mins
Cook time : 10 mins
Total time : 20 mins
1 cup of chunky peanutbutter
15 Medjool Dates
3 Cups of Cornflakes
2 tbsp of maple syrup
340g chocolate chips – non dairy for vegan option
1. Soften the dates in a bowl of hot water for 5 minuets, meanwhile set aside a half cup of Cornflakes for garnish later and crush what is left in a bowl.
2. When the dates are soft drain them and place them in a mixer/processor along with the peanutbutter and maple syrup. Blend them together until smooth, after transfer the mixture to the bowl of crushed cornflakes and combine.
3. Line tin with parchment/grease proof paper then add the mixture in. Freeze for 4 hours, or overnight if needed. When the mixture has turned solid remove from the tin and slice into bars.
4. Melt the chocolate chips, using milk (none dairy for vegan option) of needed to thin out. When melted cover each peanut bar with a layer of melted chocolate and then sprinkle remaining cornflakes on top.
5. Freeze again for 30 minuets until chocolate has set
credit to Carrots and Flowers